Monday, September 17, 2007

i have an intense desire to share all my passwords

But I won't. I really need to spruce up this blog. For my readership, you know. Find things that are visually stimulating. Can I add music too? Maybe a little ditty from the Four Seasons or some other heavily commercialized piece. Something that would really class up whatever joint whoever is reading this is sitting in.

I read in the paper that in Germany or France or somewhere in Europe there is now a limit on the volume at which an orchestra can play. This came about because some opera singer was going through a dress rehearsal in a park and a monkey in the nearby zoo had a heart attack during her aria. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Something else I am not sure how to feel about: Loserpalooza. Or Looserpalooza as it was advertised. We played. With wind and dirt in our faces. Ben the Drunken Poet performed while we were setting up. He shotguns beers inbetween his poems. His poems were about drinking and doing drugs and having sex and pirates and angels. He vomited on the microphone after his second poem. This created a problem for me, but I was able to locate another mic before we went on.

Another funny story about poets: I was working on writing comments for workshop when one of my coworkers who fancies herself a poet walked by. She said, "I wish I was in your poetry class. I would win." I said, "Win what?" She wasn't sure, but she knew that her work would blow us all away.

Her work can be read on the comment spaces of the new girlfriends of her exboyfriends on myspace.

No comments: